Friday, August 22, 2008

England Highlite #1



Hamlet
in Stratford upon Avon, performed by The Royal Shakespeare Company.
I felt quite privileged to see one of the greatest plays in history performed by world-class actors. Patrick Stewart was amazing.

I had just finished reading the play the day before, (I'm glad I did). when we first bought tickets to this production I was expecting actors in Elizabethan costume. instead the production was done in a contemporary style, which sounds like it could have been cheesy, but it was pulled off very well. Hamlet's (David Tennant) "to be or not to be" monologue sounded suprisingly fresh and effective. anyways I'm no professional theatre critic, let's just say it rocked my proverbial socks.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I've always had a bit of an "old man crush" on Patrick Stewart (back from our geeky Star Trek days). Big fan!

Katie said...

same thing happened to my proverbial socks!

Katie said...

Yeah, how can you not have a crush on Captain Picard?

(Marc here)